Thursday, June 12, 2008

What does one wear to meet Julie Andrews?

































For those of you who don't know, (ie you aren't on Facebook or don't pay attention to status) Morgan and I have VIP tickets to meet Julie Andrews after a concert on July 11.
"Julie Andrews hosts a magical evening of musical gifts, old and new. Performed by five guest vocalists with Ms. Andrews narrating, the first half of the program takes audience members on a musical journey illuminating the glorious gifts that Rodgers and Hammerstein gave to the world.
The second half of the evening features a new work, Simeon’s Gift, adapted from Ms. Andrews’ best-selling children’s book, co-authored with her daughter, Emma Walton Hamilton. Bridging the worlds of music, literature and theatre, with a score by Ian Fraser and lyrics by John Bucchino, Simeon’s Gift will be performed by the five vocalists with a full symphony orchestra. Julie Andrews serves as storyteller, weaving the enchanting tale of a 15th century minstrel on a quest to discover his own true gift. A once-in-a-lifetime musical event! "


So it would seem that I need a dress appropriate for this occasion. I've posted some dresses for your consideration. Please remember, I don't have much time!!! If you have come across a dress that you think I should consider....Please submit it!

8 comments:

  1. purple one at top of page

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's awesome! How exciting! I would say the purple at the top of the royal blue one, both would go well with your hair and complexion, I think. I can hardly wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should add you to my account so you can help me with the formatting Kirstie. I can't quite manage it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the purple one a little further down the page...not the first one but the second purple one. Absolutely goreous!!! Have fun and let me know what you decide on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the top purple one (very Celtic)and the bottom pink one (very elegant) but then I am biased . . . I like anything you are in ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely the top purple one. Yup. Nice!

    ReplyDelete