Friday, June 27, 2008

confessions of a sugar addict


Wednesday I had little sugar all day. I had my morning medicinal honey and a tiny bit of white Godiva chocolate with lunch...and by tiny I mean I've split the squares into fourths and had 1 of the divided pieces. Then in the evening we all went up to Madison for my Irish Step class. Afterwards Ben asked for ice cream because that is what we did last week. I agreed if we all split a small ice cream...it would be okay. So we went to an shoppe that served up local Wisconsin made full cream, full taste really good ice cream. We shared a small cookie dough between us and I thought it would be okay.....

Not so. Granted Sam woke up for an hour around 3am so I was tired from that, probably. However, I woke up with what I can only describe as a hang over. I could barely get out of bed, was woozy and light headed. I wobbled downstairs, drank some Mona Vie straight from the bottle and a spoonful of natural, no sugar peanut butter. 30 minutes later I was feeling better, enough to get into the shower and not worry about keeling over.

Ben wanted to go for a walk to "see the flood" and I agreed that some exercise might help get the sugar out of my system. We did just that and I have felt much better.

I just finished my third book about the evils of sugar. This last one was Sugar Shock! Chances are it's available at your library...slid on over and check it out. Like right now, before sugar fog makes you forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment