Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Blessingway




On Saturday night some good friends came over and had a "Blessingway" for me. Basically its a time for an expectant mother to be honored by her friends as she waits for labor to begin. There are books and websites out there if your interested. Here's how this one went...

Good friends brought over their idea of comfort food. The lights in the house were dimmed and many candles were lit for a soft light. We all talked a lot about our birth experiences. They washed and massaged my feet, curled my hair, and presented me with a wreath of flowers to wear. Also beads were strung on a single cord to represent each of their children which will be a necklace to wear during labor. Each guest also made a bracelet for themselves to remember me in prayer in the coming weeks. Candles were also lit to remember our "May Baby."

It was a lovely time that I will always remember.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! What wonderful friends. Sounds like a great evening, wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete